- This event has passed.
Beginners Yoga Workshop
April 14, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm$35
Set in a friendly and supportive environment, this 2.5 hour workshop steps through the core postures & movements you may expect to find in any Yoga class.
This workshop is designed to leave you feeling comfortable to join any class, and confident that you are moving correctly & with awareness, so that you may avoid injury and minimise bad habits from the beginning of your Yoga journey.
Commencing with a brief meditation and a warming Vinyasa flow, this workshop will cover:
- Body alignment fundamentals in asana practice
- Sun salutations for Vinyasa flow classes (Tadasana, Chataranga, Cobra, Upward Dog & Downward Dog)
- Warrior 1, 2 & 3,
- High Crescent Lunge (Anjaneyasana)
- Trichonasana (Triangle pose)
- How to use yoga props
- An introduction to yoga philosophy and how this can be applied to our every day lives for greater happiness and balance
And if there is time we may sneak in an arm balance!
Investment : $35